Dye lot HELP - problem SOLVED!

Melissa

***UPDATE***

My dad and my sister went to a Michael's over 900 miles away, and found a huge amount of the dye lot I needed. Thanks, dad! Thanks, Emily! I can't WAIT for my package! :ty :ty :ty

***END OF UPDATE***

So. Um, if you don't have enough of the same dye lot...what can you do, to get more of the same? How big are dye lots? I mean, are my chances good of just going back to the same store and them having the same dye lot in the next shipment they got in? Or am I totally, totally screwed?

I'm making a sweater with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Fisherman. They only had 5 skeins when I went to buy yarn, I noticed it had dye lots: I've been warned about dye lots, though I've never worked with them, but I figured, how far off could they possibly get with such a light color? So I bought 2 more at a different store yesterday, and CRAP :eek , it's quite visibly a different shade.

What do I do? :(

I would check back to the original store on the off chance that they had more in stock just not out on the shelves. I learned the hard way to buy more yarn then I'll think I need, it totally sucks to run out midstream.

I asked when I checked out with the original 5 balls, they claimed not to have any more lurking in the back. :( I've gone back to the store two or three times in the past week, and they just haven't restocked. At all. I'm going to keep checking, but I feel...very unhappy....

You could post here on the forum and see if anyone has the dyelot you need. You never know, there are some wonderful people here. Try getting some at a different store with the hopes that it'll be closer, and mix it in with the original 5 skeins (if possible) so that all the same dyelot are not in the same place, then any variation will look intentional?

Archived