Just received a Yarntainer.

CLLinda

Hi,

Just wanted to talk about my new Yarntainer. It's a plastic container that has a lid with a hole so that your yarn stays clean and you can carry it with you.

I purchased a yarntainer from Patternworks and it arrived. I had ordered a large one and was kind of overwhelmed at the size.:eek I thought it was too big and maybe it wasn't such a good thing.

I am currently making many scarves that require two skeins of yarn. This container is actually perfect for holding both skeins so that I have the second one when the first one is finished. You can also put the scarf in it while you are transporting your project around.

Now I am really glad I got the large yarntainer. I may purchase another if I get a chance.

www.yarntainer.com would be the sight if you wanted to order some directly.

:manyheart I just wanted to share my new information. Have a great day.

Linda in Chilly Crystal Lake

Right after the other thread began I went to the Dollar Tree and they had the perfect sized containers. I made a bunch of 'em for me and my friends. Since they are so cheap to make, DH is thinking about selling some on ebay for less than at that website and maybe making a teeny bit of cash.

• 1 month later...

I use the wine gift boxes as my "yarn barn". The Michaels near me in MA has some nice ones right now for $2.99, and they all have a corded handle for easy carrying. I've also found some nice ones at the Christmas Tree Shop for the same price. I use DH's drill and make a hole in the top a bit bigger than typical yarn. It's neat and clean and I get a lot of comments on how pretty the containers are. Plus there is enough room in the box to through my hook case in to.

Happy Hooking :hook

JoAnne

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/lowrancer/YarnBox_b.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/lowrancer/YarnBox.jpg

Since I am a lil on the cheap side and usualy cary around mutiple large projects here is what iI use:

1 - Sterilite Show off #1896 ($4.27)

6 - small antique brass grommets ($1.83 for 18)

each one of these will hold up to 6 8 ounce skeins of yarn and still have enough room for the pattern book, hooks, etc...

all you do is make 6 equaly spaced holes with a knife 1 inch from the center ring of the lid pop in your grommets and you are ready to start loading.

Archived