Sonic The Hedgehog

Nicole Masters

Question

Hi Ladies,

I'm still in Australia trying to finish my projects  I working on Sonic the hedgehog and I’m stuck with making the hands/arms  I’m onto the arm  

Rnd 1 has hit me  

do I attach the yarn yarn inside the hand or outside the hand? I would assume the inside  I’m really stuck  

many thanks 

Nicole

IMG_0252.jpeg

2 answers to this question

I agree with Tampa Doll, and guessed it was going to be that way before reading the pattern or her answer.

Reason:  I'm not an expert on this character, but a lot of cartoon characters wear gloves (why is that, anyway?) And I looked him up, he wars gloves too.

Working in the back loop makes the row you are making look like it is a little behind the round before.  In this case, you have used up the front loop in the prior round which is the cuff of the glove, now you are working the arm in the back loop, which will give it a little 3-D effect of the glove being on top of the hand.

This is not an unusual thing to happen in a toy, another example some baby booties' are made starting with the sole, and then the first round of the foot part is made in the back loop of the stitches around edge of the sole; doing this not only creates a sharp visual definition but also helps 'turn the corner' of the shoe  between sole and foot a tiny bit.