Waffle stitch blanket is crocheting backwards?

Kayla Jackson

Question

It’s hard to explain, but the side that looks “waffle” looks like it’s the back of the blanket, and the side that would then be the “back” looks like it should be the front. I think I am doing it correctly? Is it supposed to look like that?
…I like the “back” better than the “waffle” side…😁

here is the pattern I am using: https://icancrochetthat.com/evergreen-crochet-blanket/

IMG_6571.jpeg

IMG_6572.jpeg

Edited by Kayla Jackson

3 answers to this question

If you scroll down here it shows front and back sides.  Not sure if you are making your post stitches around the correct stitch as they appear to be more slanted than in the above link's photo but it might be the angle of your photos.  That being said if you are happy with yours thats all that matters.

Well, I do like what I have, but if someone can point out what I am doing wrong, that would be good. I’m a lefty, so that might not help lol.

I can see what you mean about the slanted stitches- the waffles look like they’re next to the below stitch instead of on top. How would I go about fixing it and correcting it in the future? This is my first attempt at the waffle stitch, and I’m hoping to enter this blanket in the state fair this summer, so I want to make sure I get it right!

1 hour ago, bgs said:

If you scroll down here it shows front and back sides.  Not sure if you are making your post stitches around the correct stitch as they appear to be more slanted than in the above link's photo but it might be the angle of your photos.  That being said if you are happy with yours thats all that matters.

Edited by Kayla Jackson

I am wondering if after making your second fpdc if you are placing the following dc in the correct place.  It is tricky.  Since you made the stitch around the post that leaves the top where you normally would work empty.  Its easy to inadvertantly put your next stitch there when it really goes into the next one.

Red thread is where dc should be made

20230404_011758.thumb.jpg.ba42891181f7809c93e8f9ab697f25f2.jpg

I pulled the fpdc over to the side.  Green yarn shows stitch top that you would not want to work into unless you came across a pattern specifically instructing you to do so.

20230404_011641.thumb.jpg.3f7d4916bce9012c93083fb61d38bda5.jpg