Pattern Erratas - House of White Birches

minster

Question

Is there a place where I can find erratas for House of White Birches patterns.  I am working on the Evergreen Runner from the Heirloom Pineapple Centerpieces and Doilies pattern booklet and my counts are off on Row 4.  I have tried the row several times myself and my friend has also tried it and we are both off from what the pattern states we should have..

Thank you!!

Mindy

Heirloom Pineapples.JPG

2 answers to this question

(sigh) I stopped subscribing to Crochet World (same publisher) because their tech editing was poor and there was always a long wait for the errata to come out.  I guess nothing has changed (for one doily who's designer was an active member here a while back, the magazine left a big chunk out and completely and nonsensically re-wrote another part; I contacted her and she kindly told me what it should have said, but she was not happy with the publisher).  For the magazine, I'd search on the magazine site, there was an area for errata; you'd have to search by the month it came out.  However I'm drawing a blank as well searching for errata on that book title, or the pattern name.  I also checked on Ravelry to see if anyone had made it and commented on errors and explained work arounds, but no luck.

I have some vintage Tower Press doily books which I've found  to be a bit 'buggy' sometimes, in fact these are what I LEARNED crochet with ages ago.  I found that looking at the pattern photo helped a lot; I've dug them out recently and one I mostly ignored the written directions and used the photo as a stitch diagram more or less (but these where old-timey photos shot straight-on, so likely easier to follow than a more modern 'arty' pose).

Edited by Granny Square
added words for clarity

I too checked Ravelry.  I did find this but the one link is dead and I did search the other and nothing came up for your pattern.  Hopefully you can study the photo and maybe figure it out by the way the next row or round fits into this row.