Crochet Pattern Testers

Zoeglover21

Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  There is a section here for 'seeking pattern testers' where this might get more attention to this subject; go to the main menu, scroll down almost to the bottom, under 'crochet business center' there is a section to ask for testers.

I've done this once (just recently actually), I've been a member here for a long time and another longtime member asked for a tester for a small item and I volunteered; it was sort of fun, but stifled my tendency to tinker with patterns :lol ).  I happened to have some leftover yarn that would work for it; I didn't ask for any payment, I'm not sure if payment typical or not - I figured a free pattern was adequate compensation.  This person has designed a lot of things and it was hard for me to find an error, I made notes that I reported back.

• Like 1

Zoe, if you do apps on your phone there is an app called Ribblr. And on the app there is a section where you can ask people to test patterns for you.

What I've noticed for this is, people will mention:

• A deadline for having the item made
  • How difficult the pattern is (beginner/intermediate/advanced)
  • Generally what kind of stitches are involved and what kind of yarn you used.

If you check out the area, you will see how people post about wanting testers and that could give you an idea.

Also,I'll keep an eye out here if you post about wanting testers. I've never tested a pattern before and if it's something I think I could do, I would be willing to try.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 3:32 PM, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the 'ville!  There is a section here for 'seeking pattern testers' where this might get more attention to this subject; go to the main menu, scroll down almost to the bottom, under 'crochet business center' there is a section to ask for testers.

I've done this once (just recently actually), I've been a member here for a long time and another longtime member asked for a tester for a small item and I volunteered; it was sort of fun, but stifled my tendency to tinker with patterns :lol ).  I happened to have some leftover yarn that would work for it; I didn't ask for any payment, I'm not sure if payment typical or not - I figured a free pattern was adequate compensation.  This person has designed a lot of things and it was hard for me to find an error, I made notes that I reported back.

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion.  I appreciate it.  Happy Crocheting and/ or knitting!

On 2/19/2023 at 4:06 PM, YarnyBoy said:

Zoe, if you do apps on your phone there is an app called Ribblr. And on the app there is a section where you can ask people to test patterns for you.

What I've noticed for this is, people will mention:

• A deadline for having the item made
  • How difficult the pattern is (beginner/intermediate/advanced)
  • Generally what kind of stitches are involved and what kind of yarn you used.

If you check out the area, you will see how people post about wanting testers and that could give you an idea.

Also,I'll keep an eye out here if you post about wanting testers. I've never tested a pattern before and if it's something I think I could do, I would be willing to try.

Thank you for your reply and info provided as well as app suggestion,  I will check it out.  Again, thank you and wish you a Happy Crochet or Knitting moments!