Fingerless mitts

YarnyBoy

To celebrate getting all of my Christmas gifts done, I made *myself* a pair of fingerless mitts.  I really love this pattern, and I know I'll be wearing these a lot as the temps are going to start dropping this week.

IMG_20221220_100240.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!  I made (knitted, but still) a couple of pairs when I moved from California to a place with (gasp!) snow (but not much); it's still a novelty, my DH from New York laughs every time I go to the window to watch a couple of flakes fall out of the sky like a little kid. They're nice as they keep your hands fairly warm, but you can still use your fingers without fumbling to get something out of your wallet or whatever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Nice!  I made (knitted, but still) a couple of pairs when I moved from California to a place with (gasp!) snow (but not much); it's still a novelty, my DH from New York laughs every time I go to the window to watch a couple of flakes fall out of the sky like a little kid. They're nice as they keep your hands fairly warm, but you can still use your fingers without fumbling to get something out of your wallet or whatever.

Now that I've made mine, I'm making possibly three more pair to add to gifts we already have for some folks. I have until Monday so I think I can pull them off.  This happened a year or so back when I learned about making ribbed beanies. Everyone got one!

I wore them tonight when we were driving around looking at lights, and it was so cosy to wear them and hold my warm coffee. :)