Placement of straps

Jayashiangel

Question

Hey everyone I was hoping maybe someone could help me with the issue that I have I'm currently working on a project top that needs straps to hold it up ( In case the top stretches too much)

Now the question is the top is more like a tube top design  But how do you know where to place the straps For the best Bang for your buck do not have issues... 

Part 2 of this1st issue is top is for a perso who is 52 DD...

Edited by Jayashiangel

2 answers to this question

I found a conversion chart for size versus measurements that extend to (almost) her size...this chart goes up to a 51/5" bust, US  size 22.  

Now that we know the size, your best bet is looking for a crochet pattern that goes up to that size; yarn companies often have diagrams that show dimensions for garments.  

OK, I know this is not remotely a tube top but rather a  T-shirt shape, but this pattern would fit.  Half of 52 is 26, and the pattern goes bigger than that (the front and back each go to 34.5", so that's 69" around).  For this style, if the person didn't want sleeves, if you just didn't 'indent' at the armholes (worked the sides straight) it would end up going slightly past the shoulder; or if you work just the front and back as is, just make a SC trim around the armhole for a finished look.  Obviously it could also be 1 color. 

But, my point for linking this is you so you could also use this diagram to figure out where straps would be located (measurement-wise) if you wanted to wing the rest of the design yourself.