LB bolero help!!!!

knitcrochet

Question

I am working on LB Glitterspun --crochet romantic bolero http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-bolero.html

now, Have some questions,maybe kind of silly, but pls help, I like this bolero very much,and I knew Terrybb did very good job on it/

YOKE

Row 2 (WS – Arch Row) Set up increase at 4 corners and at center Back ch 4, (dc, ch 3, dc) in first sc, ch 2, [skip dc, sc in next ch-space, ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in next ch-space, VC in next sc] 4 times to end, add 1 hdc in last sc. Turn (for clarity, mark the corners).

Q1.4 corners I do not have 4 corners.

Q2. in first sc, which one is the first sc? is this the first ch of ch4?

Row 3 Ch 4, [dc, ch 1] 3 times in first ch-space, [bead, sc in next ch-space, shell in next ch-space] 8 times, bead, sc in next ch-space, ch 1, [dc, ch 1] 3 times in last ch-space, dc in 2nd ch of t-ch. Turn – center back increase done; continue to increase at 4 corners.

Q1.dc in 2nd ch of t-ch."t-ch" is ch4 of row2?

Row 4 Ch 4, sc in first ch-space, [ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in next ch-space], VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 3 times, ?????VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 7 times, VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 3 times, VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ], ch 2, hdc in 3rd ch of t-ch. Turn.

The row4 is completly confused me, when I worked till on " work[]3times" ,my row3 was finished, I could not continu.

Row 5 Ch 3, (dc, ch 1) twice in first ch-space, bead, sc in next ch-space, [shell in next ch-space, bead, sc in next ch-space] across. (Ch 1, dc) twice in last ch-space, dc in 2nd ch of t-ch. Turn.

Q: what does "across" mean?

Pls help me!

13 answers to this question

Row 2 (WS – Arch Row) Set up increase at 4 corners and at center Back Start here:ch 4, (dc, ch 3, dc)in first sc, ch 2, [skip dc, sc in next ch-space, ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in next ch-space, VC in next sc] 4 times to end, add 1 hdc in last sc. Turn (for clarity, mark the corners).

Q1.4 corners I do not have 4 corners.

You will have four corners, plus a "corner" at the center back after finishing this row. This sentence is just telling you what this row will do. This row's instructions start with "Ch 4, (dc, ch3, dc) in first sc . . . "

Q2. in first sc, which one is the first sc? is this the first ch of ch4?

The first sc of this row is the last sc of row 1 (the last stitch of the repeat "[skip 2 sc, shell in next sc, skip 2 sc, bead, sc in next sc]" from row 1)

After doing this row, the ch 3 of the VC makes the corners. There's one on each end, one in the center, and one between the center and each end, for a total of 5 (4 corners and center back).

Row 3 Ch 4, [dc, ch 1] 3 times in first ch-space, [bead, sc in next ch-space, shell in next ch-space] 8 times, bead, sc in next ch-space, ch 1, [dc, ch 1] 3 times in last ch-space, dc in 2nd ch of t-ch. Turn – center back increase done; continue to increase at 4 corners.

Q1.dc in 2nd ch of t-ch."t-ch" is ch4 of row2?

Yes, and the "[dc, ch1] 3 times in last ch-space" right before were worked into the loop made by the ch 4 of row 2.

Row 4 Ch 4, sc in first ch-space, [ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in next ch-space], VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 3 times, ?????VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 7 times, VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ] 3 times, VC in corner sc, skip dc, sc in next ch-space. Work [ ], ch 2, hdc in 3rd ch of t-ch. Turn.

The row4 is completly confused me, when I worked till on " work[]3times" ,my row3 was finished, I could not continu.

Um . . . It worked for me. Maybe you didn't have enough stitches in row 3? Row 3 should have had 10 shells separated by 9 scs (=40dcs & 9scs). After doing the part you have in red above, the last sc you made should be between the 3rd and 4th dc of the 3rd shell of the last row.

Row 5 Ch 3, (dc, ch 1) twice in first ch-space, bead, sc in next ch-space, [shell in next ch-space, bead, sc in next ch-space] across. (Ch 1, dc) twice in last ch-space, dc in 2nd ch of t-ch. Turn.

Q: what does "across" mean?

That just means to keep doing [shell in next ch-space, bead, sc in next ch-space] until you get to the end

You're right - I FINALLY figured it out after working and frogging many times. The key for me was to use stitch markers to mark the V stitches which are the corners. They don't really start looking like corners untill later down the road but they are corners so mark them then make sure you have the correct number of shells between them every row.Chrome Kitty, I wish I had you at my side when I was makeing mine. I'd have paid your air fare.

terrybb

You're right - I FINALLY figured it out after working and frogging many times. The key for me was to use stitch markers to mark the V stitches which are the corners. They don't really start looking like corners untill later down the road but they are corners so mark them then make sure you have the correct number of shells between them every row.Chrome Kitty, I wish I had you at my side when I was makeing mine. I'd have paid your air fare.

terrybb

Darn, and I could really go for some warm weather.:wbrr I tried to see the pictures of yours, but the links didn't work.:(

I hope my answers were right. I haven't actually made the bolero, I just worked rows 1 to 5 as I answered the ?s. I keep a skein of RHSS & an H hook by the computer for when I find something online I must try immediately. Is that weird? The gauge was way off, but it looks like a neat pattern. I just might have to make one. I wonder if I have any yarn . . .:heehee

Sorry, I rearranged my photo album. Here's the new links

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/terrybb/For%20Me/redbolero2share.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/terrybb/For%20Me/redbolero1share.jpg

Your answers seemed right to me but I didn't try them. That's a good idea to keep "tools" handy buy the computer.

terrybb

Terrybb: I followed Chrome Kitty's directions and "listened to you" to mark these coners,GOD!:cheer everything looks so easy for me now.

and, Terrybb: your bolero is soooo beautiful.I wish my bolero will like yours!

Chrome Kitty: I am kind of longwinded today. till now, everything is easy for me, but,it is still a long way to finish this bolero,if I have other questions, pls appear soon.:devil :devil :devil :devil :devil I wish I could live next y our door.

:flowerThanks again!

Thanks for asking those questions. This really helped me too. I have a different sort of question. I'm trying to make this with something other (less expensive) than the glitterspun, and more available. What should I use as a substitute? Any ideas?

Kathy

I used RH Plush for mine ( I love this yarn) and, because I had to keep froggin, was concerned the Plush would get defuzzed so made one with RH worsted in a varigated - I did 3 rows in the worsted and, if they worked out, repeated them in the Plush. The worsted was working up beautifully but I haven't finished it. Someday. It would probably look good in RH Holiday too. And I have been thinking about doing one in LB suede or chenille.terrybb

Archived