Amateur crocheting Grandma

hooknyarntxn

Found this site by Googling for help with a Vanessa Mooncie octopus pattern and so glad I landed here.  Found the answer to my question and realized that my pattern is written in UK terms.  

I'm a FL transplant who took up crocheting about 3 years ago and am always on the look out for a new pattern.  As a child my mom tried her best to teach me but I just wasn't ready then.

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

I'm pretty new to crocheting.  Learned as a young child and now at almost 70 decided to try it again.  I really enjoying it.  I meet twice a month with a crafting group where we mostly knit and crochet but also dip into other non-fiber relate crafts.  I'm in Georgia, a retired educator, and have an addiction to crafting!  Thank you for allowing me to join this group.

1 hour ago, GwenS said:

I'm pretty new to crocheting.  Learned as a young child and now at almost 70 decided to try it again.  I really enjoying it.  I meet twice a month with a crafting group where we mostly knit and crochet but also dip into other non-fiber relate crafts.  I'm in Georgia, a retired educator, and have an addiction to crafting!  Thank you for allowing me to join this group.

Hi Gwen, Welcome to Crochetville.  There are lots of CAL's you can check out and help is always there.

• 3 weeks later...