Gifts for the Office

I work in an office that is all females but one! I thought it would be cute to make them all presents for Christmas. What would be something cute and simple?

What types of scarfs should I make? I know what I would like, but how do I know what everyone else's tastes are without coming right out and asking?

Hi Jennifer (great name! ;) )

Why not crochet each of them one of those little lip balm holder/keychains? Get each of them a lipbalm in a flavor they like? :) It would be quick to make these and you could customize in each person's favorite color (and favorite flavor!)

Jennifer:hook

I like the lipbalm idea. Or perhaps you could crochet small change purses. Or little organizers for their desks. Scarves would be nice but time consuming.

You could always let them trade among themselves if they wish and then you wouldn't have to worry about their specific preferences and everyone is happy.

Good Idea with the lip balm holder. I thought I saw that pattern somewhere, but can someone direct me to it again? I remember it being very cute:D

One year I made a large granny square stocking and filled it with some crocheted ornaments for each of the ladies. Last year they all got a set of potholders and a long garland. This year, I'm not working so I don't have to worry about it except for a couple of special friends.

For about 5 years I made a different Christmas ornament every year and everyone in my families got one and a few close friends.

Just some ideas to pass on.

Personally, I am very fond of this pattern for a rose pin:

http://freecrochetpatterns.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-rosettes.html

I've been using red chenille and they're very attractive, quick and easy. I adjust the size depending on the size person I am making them for!

Whatever you decide to give them, they'll love it because it came from the heart :manyheart .

Susan Rae

Good Idea with the lip balm holder. I thought I saw that pattern somewhere, but can someone direct me to it again? I remember it being very cute:D

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/keychain.html

YOu could also just do some round RAG coasters for their coffee cups for their desks.

Ana

Archived