What does this mean? 1 sc in next 6 + 3 sts

Aaron_Lindsey

Question

I have this pattern and I don’t know what it’s telling me to do. 1 sc in next 6 + 3 sts turn then it says 1 sc in next 9 + 3 sts and so on. What is the + telling me to do? It is the flamingo “lovey” found here 

https://imgprd19.hobbylobby.com/sys-master/root/hed/h5e/h00/9822192959518/1990423-PS-Y&NArt-SnugglyBlanket-Web.pdf

B5F60932-5C29-4FBD-BB30-12D4B84C8F71.jpeg

Edited by Aaron_Lindsey

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  And good grief, the person who decided white print on a light pink background was a good idea should be fired.  Thanks for the link, I was able to blow it up so I could read it.

Sometimes a toy or shaped thing will have you do 'short rows', (example it's sometimes used in garments to increase in the bust area, turning the heel of a s ock, or in all sorts of possibilities shaping a toy) and this is what is happening here.  A short row happens when you turn 'short' of the end of the row (in other words, somewhere in the middle of a row), stitch back to the edge, turn and stitch to the middle where you turned 'short' and make stitches beyond that point 'over the cliff' of where you stopped.  The 6+3 (for example)  is saying you are turning and stitching across the 6 you just finished, plus also 3 stitches beyond that, 'over the cliff' to work into stitches of the row where you turned 'short' of the middle.  It sounds more complicated than it is.

• Thanks 1