Gauge

lub dub

Question

I can't get the gauge to work on a pattern called School Days by Mary Pueschner.  It says 4sc=1 inch; 4dc=1inch, 3 dc rows=1 inch.  I just can't see how 4 sc = 1 inch and 4 dc rows will only be one inch.  I have tried several size hooks.  I don't want to buy any more yarn.  I'm trying to use my stash as it is becoming hard to store.  no room.  Can you help.

'

2 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, lub dub said:

I can't get the gauge to work on a pattern called School Days by Mary Pueschner.  It says 4sc=1 inch; 4dc=1inch, 3 dc rows=1 inch.  I just can't see how 4 sc = 1 inch and 4 dc rows will only be one inch.  I have tried several size hooks.  I don't want to buy any more yarn.  I'm trying to use my stash as it is becoming hard to store.  no room.  Can you help.

'

Ravelry: School Days pattern by Mary C. Pueschner

Some gauges are just BS. (not necessarily the designer but the re-publishers selling the yarn) Patterns like that you'll have to calculate with a swatch of your yarn to get the sizing you need for your doll.

I made this last year for the 2020 doll donation and I found it required adjusting to fit the doll.

I had Herschnerrs worsted which is a lighter worsted that I wanted to use up that I used that for the green sections of the pattern and now unavailable AC Moore yarn for the shirt.  I found I needed to adjust hook size to make the items fit.  My suggestion would be to try the clothes on as you make them to make sure they fit.

This is my blog post that talks about the adjustments I made.

18 inch Doll Back to School