Seeking Amigurumi Pattern

jstaff

Question

Hi! I am looking for an amigurumi pattern for Baymax. He is a character from Big Hero 6. All of the patterns I've seen are for small sizes of the character. 

I took a screenshot of the size I was hoping to find a pattern to make. 

I am new to amigurumi so thank you for any help! 

Screenshot_20211031-214631_Chrome.jpg

3 answers to this question

OK, this is not Baymax, but I think it could be with a little tinkering.  Free pattern on Ravelry, you may have to join to download it.  It uses super bulky yarn and is 27cm high, about 11" tall.

Don't make the ears or the muzzle; maybe make the legs a couple rounds longer.  Also perhaps remove a couple of rounds at the center of the head to make it more oval than round (a round ball is usually: start at the center top or bottom, increase to the max width, make a few rounds even, then decrease to the 'other end', so leave out most of the rounds worked even to make an oval instead of a ball.

The face is probably just a couple of small circles sewn on (the same as the start of the top of the head), the line between then could be easily 'drawn' on with surface slip stitch; do the face before you stuff it, because you need access to the underside of the fabric for the surface slip stitch.

I just noticed it uses super bulky and a G hook.  Hmm. Perhaps the bulky yarn type the designer used was loose and fluffy and needed a smaller hook and gauge to hold in the stuffing; maybe you could make it bigger with a larger hook and 'more solid' bulky yarn.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, Granny Square said:

OK, this is not Baymax, but I think it could be with a little tinkering.  Free pattern on Ravelry, you may have to join to download it.  It uses super bulky yarn and is 27cm high, about 11" tall.

Don't make the ears or the muzzle; maybe make the legs a couple rounds longer.  Also perhaps remove a couple of rounds at the center of the head to make it more oval than round (a round ball is usually: start at the center top or bottom, increase to the max width, make a few rounds even, then decrease to the 'other end', so leave out most of the rounds worked even to make an oval instead of a ball.

The face is probably just a couple of small circles sewn on (the same as the start of the top of the head), the line between then could be easily 'drawn' on with surface slip stitch; do the face before you stuff it, because you need access to the underside of the fabric for the surface slip stitch.

I just noticed it uses super bulky and a G hook.  Hmm. Perhaps the bulky yarn type the designer used was loose and fluffy and needed a smaller hook and gauge to hold in the stuffing; maybe you could make it bigger with a larger hook and 'more solid' bulky yarn.

Thank you! I'll give it a try and see how it comes out!

If you're wanting to make it bigger, try finding a pattern that uses thread or fine yarn.  Make one piece using heavy yarn and a bigger hook, maybe an arm or leg, and see if you think the complete piece will be about the right size.  It might work for you!