Change the color of a previously crocheted row

Cindy S

Question

I crocheted about 1/4 of a large detailed afghan.  I don't like one of the colors.  I hate to rip out all of the completed work.  I'm thinking about removing the offending color at the color change, re-doing the row in the prefered color and then I'm wondering if I can reattach the cut off piece.  I don't think a slip stitch would look good.  I'm thinking of using a method for joining squares that involves doing the stitch, removing hook and pulling through the next stitch that you are joining to.

Continue with 1 dc in the corner, take the hook from the loop, insert the hook from the front in the next stitch you made on the first square and pull loop through to the front.(plt join).

Has anyone done something like this before?  Any suggestions?

Cindy

2 answers to this question

You might find this helpful.

https://www.ponymctate.com/post/how-to-repair-a-crochet-blanket

To be honest I would find it easier to rip it out and start over and I admit I have had to do it many times---- like the time I got squares put together on a huge afghan and noticed more than half way back I had a square in wrong side facing up.  

Welcome to the 'ville!  I agree with BGS; the example she linked is one of the the best/less-of-a-pain 'stitch scenarios' I can think of.  

You're only 25% done, and have to rip something less than 25% to fix something?  In my book there is no question, rip back.  Especially since you used the word 'detailed', the more intricate the 'stitch situation' the easier it would be to re-do rather than repair.  On the plus side, it always seems to 'go faster' (to me) when I replace what I ripped; plus I'd rather deal with plain re-crocheting than repairing, which is time consuming and not fun.