Lost pattern

Rujeanne

Question

Good day all,

I made a scarf a while back using a Tunisian stitch. I now want use the same stitch - I like that the reverse side looks almost similar to the front and does not look like the reverse side of the Tunisian full stitch. I can't find my pattern and my web searches were unsuccessful.

The image on the left is the front and the one on the right is the reverse side - I would greatly appreciate it if someone could remind me what I did to create the scarf.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  I don't do much Tunisian, aside from some entrelac in TSS once in a while.  What comes to mind is a Tunisian knit stitch alternating with something else (Tunisian Purl maybe?) but that is a wild guess (I knit for real and prefer it to the Tunisian knit stitch).

Have you looked at Kim Guzman's site, she is a Tunisan stitch guru(has published several books) and has a Tunisian stitch library on her site.  New stitch a day is another fun place to find 'new' stitches, link is to the Tunisian page but there are several other crochet stitch categories.

Hi! Glad you decided to join us. I believe that is the Tunisian Full Stitch. I love this stitch and enjoy making it too. As Granny Square wrote, Kim Guzman is an expert. To help here is list of her stitches. She also has many informative videos.

I was looking for another Tunisian crochet stitch this morning, and came across the Tunisian woven stitch, which is a combination of the Tunisian full stitch and the Tunisian knit stitch. It kinda looks like your pattern, but I couldn't see both sides of the work.

See what you think:

http://sylviamargaret.co.uk/tunisian-crochet-woven-stitch-tutorial-with-chart/