Hong Kong shops?

MaryPat

I'll be in Hong Kong in late November visiting my daughter. Was wondering if anyone knows of any shops for yarn / hooks there. I've already decided that I will purchase some sort of pearls for a beading project. I've been told that Hong Kong is a great place for pearls.

ohhh what a fab trip ..........my hubby goes to china/hong kong/singapore/korea a few times a year on business- he has found some great treasures for me in their local saturday markets....lots of beads...rhinestones etc...

sorry I can't help you more with a shop name or exact locatiion - I'll try and make some enquiries with the people he meets there.....

have fun :hug

fiona

I've been in Hong Kong a few times. I still think beads are cheaper to buy here than in HongKong.....lol! You can ask the hotel where you're staying where you can find craft stores. If you wish to go to the night market where there are great bargains like clothes, accessories, etc. you can try Mongkok. It's just a short train ride. :-)

I can see the MongKok subway station on the map I have. It's within walking distance of our hotel. I love night markets. But, I am not petite and I have big feet. Their clothes and shoes are just too small.

I'm hoping to find a couple of jade markets and pearl markets.

I've been in Hong Kong a few times. I still think beads are cheaper to buy here than in HongKong.....lol! You can ask the hotel where you're staying where you can find craft stores. If you wish to go to the night market where there are great bargains like clothes, accessories, etc. you can try Mongkok. It's just a short train ride. :-)

Well I may not make it to Hong Kong. I entered Taiwan and had to instantly get a Visa (for $140) because my passport expires in 5 months. Small print that says US Citizens can enter Taiwan with a valid passport forgot to say that the passport has to have at least 6 more months on it. We are trying to figure out if the Visa Taiwan sold me (which says Replublic of China) is also valid for Hong Kong (also the Republic of China). And we're not sure if Taiwan would make me pay another $140 to re-enter Taiwan to catch my flight back to the states. The Visa they gave me is for one visit.

Oh, Taiwan! I've been there once with my mom and stayed there for 2 weeks. I love it there. You can find lots of jade there. Just go to reputable shops for the genuine article. Real jade feels cool even after putting it near a flame. It's my mom's favorite gem next to diamonds, of course......lol!

Archived