Hello to all of my sister & brother crocheters!

MendyMcGee

My name is Mendy. I learned to crochet when I was 14, at the insistence of my mom. I told her I wouldn't be able to learn it, but she sent me to our next door neighbor, Inez Canatsey, and guess what!? I could do it, and I have loved crochet ever since! I've designed patterns for publishing off and on throughout my life. My first was a pattern for the Love Puppy that won the Annie's Attic Contest in the early 1980s. That's how we got our first color TV! LOL! So, doing the math in my head, I've been crocheting 49 years! Gee whiz! Where did all those years go? My 3 grandsons are 21, 19, and 17 years old and I adore them all! I'm so lucky because my son and daughter-in-law live next door. I babysat the grandbabies so their parents could work. I married my high school sweetheart, and we've been happily married (give or take a few rough spots) for 45 years! Hubby & I are big cat lovers and we are also lampworkers. I make lampwork beads and hubby makes blown Boro items and pendants. I guess that's it! I'm very happy to meet all of you!

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁