How can I recreate this cardigan ?

Yasmine

Question

Hi !

I'd like to recreate the cardigan below but since I'm a beginner I have a few problems. I think I can manage the granny squares and the sewing but I can't see what stitch is used for the sleeves. I would say hdc but I'm not sure... 

Screenshot_20210526_141033_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Screenshot_20210526_141025_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Screenshot_20210526_141021_com.huawei.browser.jpg

2 answers to this question

Very pretty cardigan. Usually, you will not be able to find a pattern for a crochet product sold in a big box store. You would have to reverse engineer it yourself. I looked at the photos on Anthropologie and the stitches on the sleeves look like double crochet (US) to me. The last 4 rounds look like; hdc, 2 rounds of V-stitch, lastly a scallop stitch. It also looks to me like a larger than usual hook is used with the cotton yarn to give it more drape.

I've included a link for the sweater photos in case someone else can decipher this better by expanding the photos. Hope this helps and you figure it out.

Edited by ReniC
  • Thanks 1

I agree with  Reni, it looks like US DC to me for the sleeves, the edging for the seams and body might be a row of DC, CH followed by a shell stitch row with maybe 5 DCs (5 DCs into 1 stitch, skip 2, SC in the next DC, skip 2, repeat).

The granny squares would be relatively easy, the hardest part would be getting the size right.  There are patterns for half and quarter granny squares on the 'net.

Or, this pattern looks pretty close except the edging is striped instead of scalloped https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=2277&cid=17

OOPS, I just noticed the edging is knit ribbing!  Altho if you like the striped look better than the scallops, that would be easy enough to just do rounds of SC in different colors to match the look, since the original didn't have ribbing to start with.

• Thanks 1