I need help with a pattern

simoneh

Question

Directions from a crochet pattern I am trying to make are:

"1st row: 1 d.c. in 2nd ch., 1 d.c. in each of next 2 ch. (4 ch., miss 3 ch., 1 d.c. in next 3 ch.) to end"

So I understand the first part about the first double crochet, but then I don't fully understand the rest. In the next part ( the part about 1 d.c. in each of next 2 ch.) I think what I'm supossed to do is make 2 d.c. in the next 2 ch. but I'm not sure. Then in the part where is says "4 ch." is it telling me to chain 4? Lastly, am I supposed to repeat part of it?

I'm not as familiar with U.K. crochet notations as I am with the U.S. ones, an even if I know what the different stitches mean, everything just becomes confusing.

I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!

3 answers to this question

GS is napping gives me some time to answer   😊

translating to USA terms:

Sc in 2nd chain. Sc in each next 2 chains. 
repeat to end of row-> chain 4 skip next 3 chain in current row, sc in the each of the next 3 chains. Repeat what’s in parentheses to end of row. 
US sc= UK dc

• Like 1

^I agree with what NCcountrygal said, but something caught my eye --  I've noticed that patterns in UK terms tend to use the word 'miss' where US patterns would tend to say 'skip'.  Not that one or the other is more clear in their same meaning, but if it IS a UK pattern, a UK DC is a US SC.  

A big clue - does the turning chain at the end of the row say 1 or 3?  That will confirm which terms the pattern is using.

• Like 1