Confused

Yarnobssesed

Question

Hello! Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

2 hdc in first row , [skip next row, 2 hdc in next row]

I get that 2 hdc means 2 hdc in one stitch for first row but what do I do when I "skip a row"? 

I'm trying to make leg warmers. Spent WAY too much time trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance!

Crystal

7 answers to this question

Does your item use short rows - where you would make a 'hill' by not working all the way across a row, missing a stitch or 2 on each end (for example), and then eventually working all the way across - this would involve working over row ends, if not working into them.  I could see that happening if your leg warmers had a strap or heel under the foot, perhaps.

Is there a link to see what the end result will look like?

• Like 1

Oh, ribbing, of course!  (headslap)  Silly me, I should have thought of that.  I wasn't too far off with my guess tho, you are working into the ends of rows

You have made the ribbing, and sewn it into a tube.  Now, you need to 'grow' the leg warmers from what was 1 side of the ribbing, 'up' toward the knee.

Turn the  ribbing tube so it looks like ||||||||  .  You will be working across the top of the now-vertical ribbing, which WAS the sides of the ribbing (row ends) as you were making it.  See how the 'leg' part of the pattern starts,  'working across top edge in ends of rows?

• Like 1

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for sharing this! I'm definitely going to use this rib technique on my leg warmers so both ends are ribbed.  The pictures  and directions look easy to follow. 

Crystal

Edited by Yarnobssesed
Typo