sedona fringed throw

Carol wells

Question

my pattern tells me to do a 2 dc cluster this is explained however it states 2 dc cluster working first half closed dc in next chain, sk next 2 ch work second half closed dc in next ch yo complete 2 dc cluster HELP PLEASE have tried every thing looks nothing like it should can someone please explain yhank you , my name is Carol

3 answers to this question

I am going to need more information.  If this is a free pattern on the internet please provide the link.  If not you can type out a few lines and not violate copyright.  I need to see instructions for entire row in question, the previous row and instructions for making the cluster----all exactly as written in pattern.

"2 dc cluster working first half closed" ---without more info I have no idea what this means

Ok back after spending awhile searching.  Looks like this is it

https://makeanddocrew.com/

Others questioned what designer meant by "2 dc cluster working first half closed" in the comments.  She responded with this reply. "To do this, you’ll work one dc (but don’t complete the final yo), then skip the next 2 ch, then work another partial dc, than yo and pull the yarn through all three loops on your hook. It’s like a dc decrease that’s just spread out over a few chains."

Knowing how a cluster works, and how one would logically work one spanned over 2 stitches, I guessed what the designer was trying to say but it was ambiguously written, so much so that other crocheters had to drag it out of the designer later.  Basically, you make the first stitches of any cluster, in 1 stitch or spanning across more than 1 stitch, up to but not including the last yo and pull thru, so 'half closed', and close all the incomplete stitches up as you make the last stitch. 

I am annoyed by patterns with a lot of stitch-by-stitch photos, but one might have been warranted in this case.