Mini sock pattern

Charlotte Ring

Question

Hi, I’ve been working on a Aldi Harry Potter crochet kit to make Dobby and I’ve got stuck on the pattern for the sock. I’m new to reading crochet patterns so I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher this?

Round 1: ch8, join into ring, with a sl st

Rounds 2-7: dc in each dc around (8) 

Roybd 8: ch 3, in second chain from hook dc 1, dc 1, dc 8, dc 2 in foundation row (12)

I’m struggling to understand round 8 mainly but I didn’t know if it’d make sense if I didn’t show the previous rounds too. 

Thank you!!

Edited by Charlotte Ring

2 answers to this question

https://www.aldi.co.uk/dobby-crochet-kit/p/701811372730401

Lets see how this works.  I have to reset my mind as I think in US sc which is UK dc.

After completing round 7 chain 3.

Make 1 dc in third chain from hook.  

Make 1 dc in next chain.

This brings you back to your main work that had 8 dc in round 7.  Make a dc in each dc in round 7.

This takes you back around to the backside of the chain.  I think that is what they are calling the foundation row.  You work a dc in the bottom parts of each of the 2 chains.

Cute pattern, and how delightful to show him clutching is sock of freedom! 

^What she said, and Kudos to Bgs for figuring that out--that was not particularly intuitive (and I initially tried to fit the instruction to how you might turn the heel on a real sock, but then nothing else made sense). The chain 3 ends up being the top of the foot that 'sticks out' in front of the cuff--I think the pattern should have oriented you to that after saying to chain 3.