Crochet Hi low cowl tunic

Cindy Ervolina

Question

Pattern is vertical rows worked from the side.  I’ve shaped the arm hole and on row 10 says chain 22 at the end of the row. Row 11 work Hdc into the 3rd Christmas from hook then 1 hdc in each Christmas and st across, turn.  My question is where does this piece go?  It seems to be sticking out and I don’t know where to go from here.  Then it says rows 12-16 1 hdc in each st across ....I’m so confused 

5 answers to this question

Do your ch 22 as instructed.  Yes it hangs out there and looks funny.  Work row 11 as instructed but I dont know what "Christmas" is code for.  You would work back down the 22 chains and continue down the piece you have already crocheted. Likewise on rows 12 to 16.  This is how you add the area that goes on up to the shoulder from the shorter area under the arm.

Hi, and welcome to Crochetville!

I think your spell checker turned "chain" into "Christmas".

After seeing the pattern Bgs posted below, I was on the wrong track for your pattern and deleted the details so I don't confuse you.  

The chain is probably for the armholes, so on the row after the chain you will work not entirely over stitches, but over stitches before and after the chain work over the chain in that spot to form a slit.

Edited by Granny Square