Too many abbreviations!

Newbie1

Question

Hi, so I'm new to crochet. I was given an amigurumi kit for christmas which I have been working on. It was going ok until I came across a new abbreviation and I'm not sure what to do.

Pattern written in UK terms 

I've started with a magic ring and increased until I have 24 stitches.

The next round Instructions are:

(2dc.inc) 3times. 1dc. 6htr. 1dc. (inc. 2dc) 2times. inc         (30st)

I'm stuck on the 6htr part - any videos I can find are for flat pieces so I just cant visualise it in the round. 

Any help appreciated

3 answers to this question

^what she said,  any stitch can be worked either in the round, or flat. When a pattern just says "x number of whatever stitch", it means 1 stitch into each of the following stitches ahead of you, until you have make x of them.  If it wanted you to do place them differently, it would spell out where to put them.

inc=increase, unless defined otherwise means 2 stitches into 1 stitch.

To translate your instruction in case there is any question, here's your original and below is expressing it without any abbreviations or shorthand:

"(2dc.inc) 3times. 1dc. 6htr. 1dc. (inc. 2dc) 2times. inc (30st)"

1 dc into each of the next 2 sts, 2dc in the following dc

1 dc in the next stitch

1 htr into each of the next 6 stitches

1 dc in the next stitch

2 dc into the next stitch, 1 dc into each of the next 2 stitches, 2 dc into the next stitch, 1 dc into each of the next 2 stitches, 

2 dc in the next stitch

(30 st)  -- NOTE, this does not mean to do make 30 more stitches, it is a sanity-check sum of the stitches you should have made in that row or round.