Baby Booties - Help Needed!

Kat11

Question

Hi! I’m new here and happy to “meet” you! I’ve been working on baby booties and following a pattern, but can’t seem to get the heel portion uniform. The stitches are so small and tight that it gets confusing. What am I doing wrong on the top of this bootie that they aren’t all coming out the same? Thank you! 

55DC98E8-DB59-49CA-9836-2964CC83A046.jpeg

069295EF-74DB-4718-9EA4-E161EB1BFF2C.jpeg

3 answers to this question

Count your number of stitches on the last round (top) of each bootie.  Looks to me like the one on the left has more stitches than the one on the right.  When you are working in the round and joining with a slip stitch by the time you get back around to that slip stitch it looks an awful lot like a stitch to work into but if you do you are adding an extra stitch.

I agree with Bgs, the left looks to have more stitches.  19 on the right cuff and 30 on the left cuff is what I'm seeing - BUT - I may be off a stitch or 2.

It's really a lot harder to count stitches and spot errors with the cacophony of color in variegated yarn--an error in single color yarn will (usually) be more likely to leap out at you so you can spot and fix it sooner.