Positano Tee

aoblas

Question

4 answers to this question

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/positano-tee

I have not made it and checked it out at  the above site.  Its free to join if you are not a member.  A few days ago someone asked if anyone has had to change to a smaller hook when they got to that part but no response. (I suspect it was you there asking) I also looked thru the project section and one person showed a photo of that section and it was ruffled.  I think the increase in that area might be the designers way to accommodate the bust area. Did the designer give you gauge to check for that stitch pattern and does yours match?

This may not be it, but for me, I'd suspect the chains are the culprit; for whatever reason I seem to make chains looser than my other stitches for the most part.

You might try re-doing that section with a smaller hook. - I see BGS just posted saying the same thing as I was typing.

Edited by Granny Square

Hmmm, at first I thought it didn't make sense to add fullness ABOVE the bust, but  now I'm wondering if the extra fullness is to accommodate the added width of the shoulders as the body part of the garment turned into sleeves, that would make sense, and pretty clever actually.