Stitchdiva's Gatsby summer cloche help!

OrangeCrush

Question

Help!

I really want to make a hat that is a free pattern at Stitchdiva. I just can't get Round 3 to work out to 24 stitches. I think that I am having problems with where to place the first slip stitch and where they mean by "place stitch in next space...I just don't get it!!:think

so, if anyone has made this hat or can take the time to get to the 3rd round and help me out, I would really appreciate it. I think if I could get through the 3rd round I would be fine, as the rest are similar, just increased for the most part.

This is the link to the free pattern, but you need Adobe to read it.

http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=20

thanks for any help! Lisa

3 answers to this question

hi lisa i have looked at the pattern and i understand what she means. simply put you have to slip stitch across to the space between the two stitches as you work in the spaces like she says. instead of working in the stitch. i have done a lot of post work stitches as i designed 2 hats using the same stitch. :hook

Thank you all for responding! My problem was I think I was mis-reading the instructions..what a surprise! I was coming up with 20 stitches instead of the 24 on the third round.

Round 3: Sl st to sp between next 2 sts. Ch 3 (counts as

first st). [1 dc around the post of the next st, 1 dc in sp

between each of the next 2 sts] Rep until 1 st remains.

Dc around post of this st, dc into sp between this st and

next st. Sl st to top of ch-3. (24 sts)

Well, to me that means slip stitch to the stitch to the left, chain 3, so the chain is above that stitch to the left, then dc around the next post to the left, then I (dc in the spaces between the next 2 stitches) and did this twice.

So, I am going around one post, then dc in the next two spaces to make 1 poststitch and 2 space stitches. I don't know if this is correct, but I ended up with 8 raised post stitches and 16 lower stitches made into the spaces. The hat calls for 8 post stitch "lines" that define the wedges from one another.

I don't know why I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around the wording, but I am!

So, does this sound like I am doing it right? it looks alright so far....

Thanks for your comments and help, Lisa

Archived