Crochet Diagram confusion

julesmry

Question

Flower Valley Shawl by Joanna Grzelak - second English version is the diagram, entitled Flower Valley Shawl instead of "Description...."

Hello Fellow Crocheters. I am working through a translated free pattern, see information above, and have finished the shawl and am now working from the Border 1 (base) diagram. 

I am new to reading these diagrams and although I recognize the symbols, I do not know how to translate some into an action. 

My questions are as follows: 

Row 2: How do you make a picot with a chain on either side between a double crocheted V-stitch. 

Row 3: How do you make the double trebles together with six chains on the exterior?

Row 4: I do not understand how to make the horizontal treble with six chains above it between the two V-stitches

Could someone please explain these three rows to me? Please and thank you. 

P.S. Please vote.

10 answers to this question

On row 2 you would double crochet, chain 4, slip stitch into 3rd chain from your hook, chain 1 , double crochet into same stitch as other double crochet.

On row 3 you would chain 6, make the double trebles chain 6 slip stitch (in picot on row 2.)

Going to have to think about row 4.  Sometimes it makes more sense when you get to that point and  are actually doing it.  

• Like 1

That is gorgeous!  

Row 4's sideways treble: make V stitch, chain 6, treble in the last treble of the V stitch--then another V stitch in the same place you made the last V stitch.  This forces the underlined treble to sit horizontally to 'stretch' to the next V stitch.  I make a lot of doilies, it's not an uncommon maneuver to make a DC or other stitch 'stand in for' a horizontal chain. 

Edit, sorry Bgs, I didn't scroll past your post with "I'll have to think about row 4".

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

It is a beautiful pattern - sadly the yarn she used isn't available in the US, but I've found a close second in Yarn Bee Rainbow Wrapsody in Wild and Free. SisHomemade has been so helpful in my crocheting of the pattern too - I couldn't have done it without her. 

Thank you both for helping me to figure out this edging. I am going to write out the instructions for posterity's sake and give them to Ms. Grzelak. 

Here's what it looks like so far; had to join two skeins.

20201102_133747.jpg