Pattern confusion

Amanihoot

Question

Im currently in the process of crocheting a dress that is made in one piece. 

Ive already finished crocheting the top of the bodice and the two sleeves. The next part of the pattern is crocheting the neck border. 

The instructions say:

"With right side of back facing, skip on last rnd of bodice after right sleeve next 14 dc. Attach yarn to next dc."

I've interpreted that as looking at my piece with the back facing me (so right sleeve on my right, left sleeve on my left), working on the back piece, and counting from the right sleeve 14 dc's towards the middle then crocheting towards the left sleeve. I've tried a couple of times doing this method, but it doesnt seem right when i read the rest of the instructions.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you :)

Annotation 2020-08-08 100355.png

2 answers to this question

Just trying to orient myself--Is this a raglan construction?  This is the only way I can imagine the back and sleeve meeting at the top edge for the neck border (and also fits your 'one piece' description). 

Since you have apparently finished off "somewhere" as it's telling you to join "after right sleeve", and you are making the neck edging, I suspect it is positioning you to join the yarn at the middle back to start the edging - which would be logical a place I guess.

So from the center back, you dc to 1 stitch before the next sleeve (the left one, correct?), make a big 4 dc cluster at the top of the 'raglan line', and do the same thing around (dc to the next raglan line, make a cluster, repeat).  This would give a decorative look while also continuing to decrease up the neck, which makes sense.  (raglan line = where the sleeves meet the body pieces and where either increases top-down or decreases bottom-up are made)

• Like 1