Trouble with graphgan pattern

Devyn

Question

I recently started my first graphgan pattern. It's of a baby giraffe. I bought the pattern on etsy and it's really detailed, which is awesome since I'm new to it. My issue is somehow I've managed to mess up my rows! I'm on row 27 and should be going up, but somehow I'm going down? I counted my stitches and they match what the pattern for row 26 (18W and 8G). So I'm not sure what in the world I did to mess up the pattern direction. Since I don't know what I did to mess up I'm not sure how to fix it. I really dont want to have to rip everything out and start over. I'm hoping someone knows what I've done wrong and how to fix it.

I've attached a pic of the work I've done, what the pattern reads, and a screen shot of the area I'm working on. 

Thanks!

P.S. the W is supposed to be for white, but I'm doing a blue instead because toddlers dont do well with white. 

1592273382825-147.jpg

1592273408909-114.jpg

Screenshot_20200616-134003_Drive.jpg

1 answer to this question

Caveat:  I've done other corner to corner 'stuff', but not with the crazy stitch.

But, I am only seeing 1 square 'off'  up a couple of rows back, and only in the 'grass' area, which for me would be a 'OK, be more careful going forward but I'll let that one slide'.  Squinting at your graph, it looks like on row 6, the green square that the red arrow is pointing to, is white in your blanket, unless I'm missing something else.

giraffe.jpg