Help With a bunny pattern

Glori92

Question

Im not sure how to continue this pattern I already made the head and now for the legs how do I start this chains? Is it in the round?

I mostly have experience with magic rings.

Thanks for the help

Legs 2 and body (Purple, White yarn) Start the left leg first. Start purple making chains 5ch

Row 1. 1ch, 4sc, Sc3sti, 3sc, inc (12)

Row 2. 4sc, 3inc, 4sc, inc (16)

Row 3. 5sc, inc, (1sc, inc)*2, 6sc (19)

Row 4. 6sc, inc, (2sc, inc)*2, 6sc (22)

Row 5. 6sc, dec, (2sc, dec)*2, 6sc (19)

Row 6. 5sc, dec, (1sc, dec)*2, 6sc (16)

4 answers to this question

An adjustable/magic ring is typically more appropriate for something you want to pull closed - like the top of a hat for example, or maybe a solid flat round potholder.  You could use it if you want, but I personally think starting with chains as it says will give you a slightly superior appearance, and a better edge to use when you sew the leg on.

A leg, arm, or tail for a toy is usually an open tube (so yes, in the round) until you close it for the foot, so if you do use the magic ring keep it open so you can stuff it, and sew it to the body around the open beginning circle so it looks like a leg.  

There are two methods types of methods for starting amis one creates a circle either by using a magic circle or crocheting into the chain and closing it.  The other creates a more "oval" shape by chaining a certain length and then turning and crocheting completely around both sides of the chain to form a round generally as I said more oval shape for the figure you are making. 

Unlike substituting the magic circle and the chain two and working your stitches into the first stitch, the pattern formed by working around the whole chain is not easily duplicated using the magic circle.

I regularly use the magic circle making amis but if you look at the stitch count for this it is clearly looking to work around the chain.

To make it less akward they should tell you to start with a chain 6 not add a chain before you begin the next row.  That is just odd.  However, if you follow the pattern with starting chain 6 and you work around both sides of the chain adding 2 sc not just one increase in the last chain you will then have 12 stitches as requested.

8 minutes ago, Glori92 said:

@Granny Square Thank you so much for answering I really appreciate it, Im going to make it as a chain not a magic ring , could you please explain this part in Row 1: Row 1. 1ch, 4sc, Sc3sti, 3sc, inc (12)     

sc3sti, how is this done? 

Thank you

when you get to the end in order to turn on to the other side of the starting chain you will put 3 sc in the last stitch.  This effectively helps turn you on to the other side of the chain without stretching and making a large stitch to get to the other side.