Askew puff stitch got pulled, how do I fix it?

#CrochetRules

Question

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

Well that stinks.  

Try this, it works for knitting and it can't hurt to try -- but I'm not sure it will work as well for crochet, since crochet stitches are more complex and less connected to their fellow stitches than knit.  Find something that you can use to gently pull the yarn with, but won't snag it - a knitting needle is perfect for this, but maybe the eye end of a large needle, a mechanical pencil with it's lead withdrawn, pointy smooth chopstick?

Pulling the loops had to have caused some other part of the stitch structure to tighten up.  With the tool, find the now-tight areas and try to gently loosen them, this should theoretically equalize the tension and pull those puff loops back in line.    

21 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the 'ville!

Well that stinks.  

Try this, it works for knitting and it can't hurt to try -- but I'm not sure it will work as well for crochet, since crochet stitches are more complex and less connected to their fellow stitches than knit.  Find something that you can use to gently pull the yarn with, but won't snag it - a knitting needle is perfect for this, but maybe the eye end of a large needle, a mechanical pencil with it's lead withdrawn, pointy smooth chopstick?

Pulling the loops had to have caused some other part of the stitch structure to tighten up.  With the tool, find the now-tight areas and try to gently loosen them, this should theoretically equalize the tension and pull those puff loops back in line.    

I tried this but the problem is the other side is perfect so when I pull them they get bigger rather than fixing the pulled loops.

If Granny Square's suggestion didnt work and you do not want to pull it out back to that point you could try using a sewing thread and needle to tack the excess down hiding it within the stitch.