Sign in to follow this  
Crochetgirl13

Crochet Chart Reading In Crochet Now Magazine

Question

Hello!

So I've been racking my brain over a pattern in a fairly current issue of Crochet Now Magazine (UK).  It's a Crochet Boho Wrap by Annelies Baes.

The first 2 rows are simple enough: Starting chan of 66 and row 2 is all treble crochet.  Here is the part that is killing me:  ROWS 3-61 I am to follow the chart on the opposite page "Cont in patt working from Chart" (which I have no trouble with....I have worked from charts before) but the chart BEGINS at row 56. Does this mean that I keep working rows 56-61 until I get to row 61 in my work?

I don't want to work 61 rows and then find that I've done the wrong thing.  I just can't imagine what the instructions could possibly be.

THANK YOU!!

2 answers to this question

Try checking the magazine's website, they have an errata page, but you need to search by the issue number, not the pattern name.

Rows 56,57,58,59,60,61=6 stitches, is the pattern repeat 6 stitches?  You have made 2 rows, 56 minus 2 is 54, and 54 is divisible by 6.  So it's not improbable to repeat the graph as you are guessing math-wise, and then maybe mirror the beginning by finishing it off by a row of tr.  

What does the pattern photo look like?  Does it confirm the chart is repeating like you are guessing?  

These are the sort of questions I ask myself when I play Sherlock Holmes on a confusing pattern...

• Like 1

I looked for the pattern and designer on another website and it said it was published in a UK magazine called "Inside Crochet" and it was issue #115.  When I looked at the issue for errata, it said there were  no known mistakes and

Patterns - Issue 115: 115

No known errata.
If you have a query about a pattern from this issue, please contact claire@tailormadepublishing.co.uk.