Where can a Norwegian buy yarn online?

MorMonsen

I would like to buy some Red Heart, Lion Brand and/or Bernat yarn for my projects. I am new to crocheting and even if we have nice yarn in Norway I would like to get some of the brands mentioned above.

I need an online shop that ships overseas.

Thank you!

Eva

This place sells it but the shipping charges I think are crazy plus the price of the yarn.. http://www.herrschners.com

If you cant find anywhere else to order any.. I will help you out.. If you send money to me I can go to our local walmart and get the yarn for you.. Its so much cheaper, 88cents for a 4 oz skein. 1.99 for 16 oz.. And the extra for the shipping.. Plus the store has alot more colors to choose from as well..

I agree with emeraldmoon! Yarn at Wal-Mart here is very cheap! I'm with her.....I would certainly send you yarn if you would like! :grouphug my tax here in San Diego, California is 7.75% so other places might be a tad cheaper!

Here are the web-sites to the companies you mentioned:( copy & paste to address bar)

http://www.lionbrand.com

http://www.coatsandclark.com

http://www.bernat.com

and here is another, if I may add...lot's of these brands at my Wal-mart!

http://www.caron.com

8o enjoy...lots of yarn to look at :))

What are some of the Norway yarns available? What may I ask do you pay for yarn there? :thinking1

Hi,

Thank you for your kind offers:)) ! I have tried Herreschners for some stitching supplies once and didn’t like their shipping charges much. They don’t have the greatest selection either.

Cathey, if you still want to go shopping on my behalf please e-mail me at eva@x3m.com to work out the details.

Thank you for the head-up on the Caron. I do like ‘sound’ of the Cuddlesoft and Rainbow Dream yarns.

In Norway a ball of ‘regular’ yarn (not the fancy ones) costs about USD5. Then you have some cheapo brands for about half the price that are not of very good quality. So when I bought the yarn to crochet the baby blanket I am working on (my first project) I could easily have bought several ready-made blankets for the same price. I have a 18 month old son too and I want to make him a blanket. It need to be bigger than a baby blanket and I want him to be able to to snuggle in it for years to come.

Again, thank you so much to both of you for your kind offer to help me :))

Eva

Hi Eva!

That's what we are here for :grouphug

Love to see any pictures you have of where you live! What part of Norway? I may be incorrect, but is that where the true Fair isle knitting came from? Do you knit? Is the needle arts more or less popular than in the U.S.?

Sorry for all the questions, but I love hearing about things outside the US. :D

This is a great group :)h

I live in the East of Norway. Here's a link to various photos from this area and surrounding places.

Knitting is very popular in Norway and always has been. I think the true Fair isle knitting must be from Shetland or one of the other English isles. We have the Norwegian sweaters which I think is quite famous even in other countries. Here's an American link to it.

I don't knit much but I do cross stitching as well as crocheting. I just started crocheting a few weeks back and am totally hooked (no pun intended :D )

Eva

OH, MY!

Do you have room in your house?????

:wink

Gorgeous country! :)h I know my hubby pulled in to Oslo..he loved it there too! (US Navy)

Thanks so much for sharing!:thumbsup

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say .. i have been to norway and many other countries ..but NORWAY was the most beautiful place i had ever been ... i bought a sweater there that i would not trade for ANYTHING.. its beautiful..

i too would be happy to send things to you ..

and i have to say i bought some of the most beautiful yarn i had ever seen while i was there... i took an extra suitcase just to bring yarn back in .. i got really lucky and found a place that was going out of business... i also had a great exchange rate ... i got 8 kr to the dollar and i bought some of the most beautiful wool i had ever touched for about 4 Kr a ball... anyway ..

i would do an exchange with you or just send you what you would like to work with if you would like

you may email me at 3-olives@earthlink.net

if you are interested

• 8 months later...

The Uk doesn't have red heart or anything but many places ship in Europe. I have ordered from Texere and from Ebay in the UK. Just so you know though yarn in the US doesn't go by hook or needle size it goes by different weights like fingering or worsted weight.Rachel

Archived