in back loop only?

ginaj

Question

i have been crocheting for about 20 years and everytime a pattern said in back loops only i stitched in the loop farthest away from me.then would wonder why i had to do this cause it looked no differant,well hurrying the other day to finish a pattern i crocheted in the loops closest to me by mistake i noticed when the pattern then said work in remaining loops on round 3 i knew what they were talking about.have i been doing this wrong all these years?

2 answers to this question

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but when you hold your crocheted piece up and then look straight down the top row stitches, there are two loops you are supposed to crochet through. When you crochet in just the back loop, it makes a ribbing effect.

i have done some back loop crochet recently when i made the adult mittens which people liked and it does give a lovely ribbing look and makes the sc look better in my opinion. :hook when making flowers i have had to work in back loops on one round and then in front loops in another round so my few months of crocheting still under a year understands the back loops the same way you did the loops furthest away from you. :):hug

Archived