I am stuck on directions

Nanci27

Question

Crocheting my first project.  I find it relaxing and fairly easy.  It s the directions I find very difficult.  I started out with 100 rows of basic stitches and did well up through 2 feet of rows.  Then I came to a 

Shape Right Back Neck:

Row 1: (RS). Pat across 42 sts. Sc2tog (neck edge). Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.

Row 2: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Pat to end of row. Turn. 42 sts.

Row 3: Pat to last 2 sts. Sc2tog. Turn. 41 sts.

Place marker at side edge of last row.   I did not really understand the Pattern to end of row in each of the rows.  Now I am supposed to continue with the Right Front below, but I only have 26 stitches across instead of 42 and again the next statement is confusing.  What it the pattern?  

Right Front: Cont in pat until work from marker measures same length as Back.

1 answer to this question

Row 1: (RS). Pat across 42 sts. Sc2tog (neck edge). Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.  You are working from the sleeve opening to the neck, at this edge you will stop working across to make the neckline opening.

Row 2: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Pat to end of row. Turn. 42 sts.  You are working back toward the sleeve; the initial sc2tog is to shape the neckline.

Row 3: Pat to last 2 sts. Sc2tog. Turn. 41 sts.  You are working from the sleeve<<< well I was going to type that!

Place marker at side edge of last row.   I did not really understand the Pattern to end of row in each of the rows.  Now I am supposed to continue with the Right Front below, but I only have 26 stitches across instead of 42 and again the next statement is confusing.  What it the pattern?  

Right Front: Cont in pat until work from marker measures same length as Back.

I made a diagram to answer a similar question a while back, I'll recycle it below -- you are working on either the red or yellow part of the diagram below ; it sounds like your pattern didn't have any armhole shaping (the pink part), so it is probably sleeveless or drop sleeve.

Later it will tell you to fasten off, and attach the yarn probably from the neck opening to the sleeve, guessing, as that will keep the stitch orientation the same.

Blouse Front.jpg