Crochet row 31

Amy1981

Question

I’m making yip yips by Carissa Browning.  I’m struggling to complete round 31.  I have absolutely no idea what I’m supposed to do.  Everything I’ve tried was wrong.   Round 31 says Sc in first st of previous round (with marker in it. ) sc dec in next 2 stitches sc in following 2 st twice sc dec in next stitch and after hanging loop chain. Sc in next st, sc dec in following 2 sts twice. -10 stitches.. 

I don’t know how I’m supposed to connect everything, I’m very confused.  If anyone knows, I could really use the guidance.

2 answers to this question

Pattern here, is a free download https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yip-yips-crochet

Round 30 was supposed to have decreased 2 from the prior round, to end in 15 stitches--it also is where you create a hanging loop, which is not part of the 15 stitches. 

Round 31 says: "Sc in first st of previous round (with the marker in it), [sc dec in next 2 sts, sc in following st] twice, sc dec in next st and first st after hanging loop chain, [sc in next st, sc dec in following 2 sts] twice. – 10 sts."  If you count the red 'sc dec' and the 'twices', it adds up to 5 stitches decreased, which adds up since round 30 ended in 15 sts and rnd 31 ends in 10.  The blue highlighted area was the only sort of odd (not wrong, unusual) thing that caught my eye - you are working around that chain loop as if it wasn't there, combining the stitch before the chain loop, and after the chain loop, into 1 stitch.  

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1