Need help with Fall Time Crochet Poncho on YouTube

Polomint

Question

Hello, i need some help please, ive just started a cowl poncho following a utube tutorial its called the fall time crochet poncho. I have completed upto where the video ends but it tells me to repeat rows 3 n 4  to gwt to my desired length which is fine but because i have increased the row i am confused if i have to slip stich to the start or begin new type of stitch on the one before if this makes sence any guidance would be very much appreciated t.i.a. x

Paula

4 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Polomint said:

Hello, i need some help please, ive just started a cowl poncho following a utube tutorial its called the fall time crochet poncho. I have completed upto where the video ends but it tells me to repeat rows 3 n 4  to gwt to my desired length which is fine but because i have increased the row i am confused if i have to slip stich to the start or begin new type of stitch on the one before if this makes sence any guidance would be very much appreciated t.i.a. x

Paula

This one  https://www.bhookedcrochet.com/2015/11/02/fall-poncho-crochet-along/ or this one no written pattern observed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70TANzOSII

I cant download and watch the video right now but from what I saw no do not slip stitch to end  but continue working whatever stitch or stitch pattern you are working in those rows.  At this point you will be working the stitch or stitch pattern until you get to an increase where you will work an increase so you might want to use stitch markers in the increases.

If I am remembering correctly you have 4 places you would have worked an increase -----  front point, back point, and points on both sides.  Basically when it says to repeat rows 3 and 4 you have to disregard the stitch count if it gives one because you added stitches and will continue to add stitches each round.  It assumes you will see to work in pattern and only increase at the points established in rows 3 and 4  You will work an increase only at tip of these 4 points.  Thats why I suggested using stitch markers.  If you can post a photo we might be able to figure out what is happening.

Archived