Pattern Help

Shirley930

Question

I am making the Bernat Crochet Velvet Bunny. I have completed the legs and they have been stuffed but not fastened off. I am now to start on the body and I am having difficulty understanding the 1st round instructions.  It reads as follows: ch1. 1 sc in each of next 7 sc (What sc?) 1 sc in first sc of first leg. 1 sc in each sc of first leg around. 1 sc in each of rem 12 sc of Second leg. Join.  Can you help make this clearer to me.  I appreciate the help, thank you.  

3 answers to this question

Free pattern can be downloaded here.

https://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat-crochet-velvet-bunny/BRC0234-012725V.html

From pattern:

Cont as follows for Body:
BODY
Join Legs: 1st rnd: With A, ch 1. 1 sc 
in each of next 7 sc. 1 sc in first sc 
of First leg. 1 sc in each sc of First 
leg around. 1 sc in each of rem 
12 sc of Second Leg. Join. 36 sc.

Each leg has 18 sc on the last round.  You have finished the second leg but do not break off your yarn.  You ch 1 and continue working sc around leg 2 for 7 stitches. Now you will butt that first leg up next to the second leg and make a sc in the first sc on the first leg and continue working sc around first leg whch brings you around back to the second leg where it tells you to sc in remaining 12 sc of the second leg.

I am having a problem with the stitch count at this point.  Each leg has 18 stitches and at end of this round stitch count is 36.  Makes sense a stitch in each stitch of leg would equal 36.  My problem is it tells you to sc in 7 stitches of the second leg and when you get back to the second leg to crochet in the remaining 12 stitches which means 19 stitches not 18.  I think the 7 should really be 6 unless I am missing something.

Brenda, thank you so much for your help with this pattern. You made it simple enough I could understand and get through the problem. I'm well on my way to having this bunny completed for my newest Great Granddaughter.  Thank you again.  Shirley