Using Alexa to Support Crocheting

I have been crocheting for quite some time now but every now and then I still need to look up for example how many times I have to yarn over for a specific stitch. Mostly, because I work German and English patterns and I just get confused with the names. 

That's why I wrote the free Alexa Skill My Stitchionary

This skill quickly reminds you how to work a given stitch. It even knows the most common abbreviations of stitches in various languages and tells you it's according name in English. 

This saves yourself the hassle of searching for the term, reading through lengthy articles for beginners and searching long videos just to find the relevant ten seconds. 

I have also started doing Amigurumi but I got tired of counting the stitches. Especially, when it's time to increase or decrease the number of stitches evenly. 

That's why I wrote this free Alexa Skill Stitch Counter

I prefer this over a stitch marker because in small rounds it annoys me to take it out and place it newly and sometimes I simply forget to place it. 

With Alexa you can count hands free without needing to stop crocheting. 

I hope you like it. Feedback is very much appreciated!

I used to think Alexa was a good idea, until Amazon admitted they are recording and storing every conversation in every household  that has this device. Not for me, thanks!

Archived