Cable Border

wasabi_73

Question

I'm very new to crochet and thought that making a throw for my father wouldn't be too taunting a task. I'm using basket weave for the entire thing, but would like to give the edge something more than a few rows of single crochet. Is it possible to do a cable as a border? I've tried to figure it out for the last day and a half, but my patience isn't going to last much longer!:eek Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3 answers to this question

Crochet cables are generally done with post stitches, so I'm thinking that adding the border on as an afterthought would make it very difficult to do any cabling. Maybe had you incorporated in into the pattern to start with it would be easier, but for the life of me, I'm not thinking of any way you could add them on after. :think

Weeeell, I bet you could: you'd probably have to either a) make a wide-ish border and work up (short cables going from interior to edge all around) or b) make cabled pieces and sew them on, so your cables could go from corner to corner, with perhaps a square motif of some kind where they meet.

Does that make any sense?

Archived