What stitch to use to sew this tablet stand?

DQfan937

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering what the best stitch/technique would be to use for sewing the spot near the front ( bottom) of this tablet stand would be. You have to sew quite tightly to keep the fiberfill in the main part, and then leave a 1 inch space and sew again. 

What is the most secure way I could do this besides just sort of winging it?

I'm gonna give some to a few family members and don't want them coming apart on them

Thanks!

Screenshot 2018-03-13 at 9.57.52 AM.png

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

For the bottom seam I think crocheting would be good, you can make it as tight as the rest of the fabric.  Just sc the edges together.  

Hey! sorry I don't think I was specific enough, on the first one I did I did sc the bottom shut. But do you see where the tablet is sitting? there are 2 individual rows of stitching that hold the stuffing in and make a flat spot for the tablet to lay in. 

Here is another of the first one I made, you can see the indent, maybe you can see where I stitched. ( I used stash yarn, I know its bad lol)

Screenshot 2018-03-13 at 5.33.31 PM.png

You mean where I've drawn the red lines?

A decorative, fairly easy and secure way would be surface slip stitch (see link below).  Or just a running stitch - - - - - sewn with a tapestry needle, poking between the stitches front and back.  Either of these would be just as secure as your crochet stitches for holding the stuffing in.

https://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-surface-crochet-or-surface-slip-stitch/

tablet easel.png

5 hours ago, Granny Square said:

You mean where I've drawn the red lines?

A decorative, fairly easy and secure way would be surface slip stitch (see link below).  Or just a running stitch - - - - - sewn with a tapestry needle, poking between the stitches front and back.  Either of these would be just as secure as your crochet stitches for holding the stuffing in.

https://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-surface-crochet-or-surface-slip-stitch/

tablet easel.pngyes!!!! those areas exactly! I think a running stitch was akin to or the same thing as what I did before, I'll look up the other one, I think I might have done it once or twice! thanks so much!!

Is overheating an issue with the devices pictured?  My iPad doesn't seem to overheat, but my little wifi hotspot gets really warm after being in use for a while.  The yarn and stuffing are likely flammable...

Archived