*inc, 4dc, repeat from * to end (36 sts)

Laurabhspt

Question

Hi, I’m new to this and New to crochet with patterns.  I’m making a bunny for my nephews funeral so want to get this right.  However, I’m stuck! I’m stitching double stitches in the round, and I’m fine with the pattern increases when it’s 2dc or less, but I’m not sure how to interpret it.  I’m currently on round 8(finishing with 30sts), about to start round 9.  But I’ve already done this on the body and this is where it started to lose shape so thought I would ask!

most rows increase by 6, but it’s the bit that follows that confuses me, if some one can translate this to English for a beginner I’d be so grateful!

Round 9: *inc,4dc, repeat from * to end (36sts)

how do I do this?!!

672A80A5-3361-4EEE-88EB-623DA8840422.jpeg

B077BB3C-7579-4A01-ACDC-E46BD9675C82.jpeg

4 answers to this question

In the first stitch make an increase, then In each of the next four stitches make one stitch.  Repeat this sequence for the entire round.  

Same idea as previous rounds, just with more stitches between the increases.  

And welcome to the Ville!

Thanks for the welcome and the advice :-) it’s made more questions though lol.

so first stitch makes and increase - how? How many stitches do I do in that first stitch? This is where I went wrong on the body, as I crammed 4dc into it, which distorted shape.  

So the bit where it says 4Dc means I do an increase then the next 4 are singles, then I presume another increase? 

Sorry I tried looking on YouTube etc but couldn’t find what I was looking for, then came across this forum :-) thanks again!

Archived