Anyone that will pickup donations?

I have about 33 "chemo blankets" that I crocheted to give to the chemo patients in this area to cover up with while they take the chemo. They are just wide enough and long enough to cover the person up. At the time I started doing this, I had transportation and it worked out great but now I don't and I don't know what to do with them. I hate the thoughts of having to stop crocheting. I enjoy doing this so much.  Could someone suggest a place I could donate them to that will possibly come and pick them up?

I would call the place you planned to donate them to; maybe they can arrange to pick them up.  If they can't , maybe they can suggest an alternative way to get them transported.  

You could also contact other facilities in your area such as oncology clinics, dialysis clinics, nursing homes, veterans hospitals.

or a general social service agency might be able to deliver them; look online for your local United Way which should have a list of agencies in the area.

maybe a scout troop or fraternity/sorority looking for a service project could help you.  

I'd check with local churches and senior centers to see if any of them crochet for the local hospitals.  Someone might be willing to come by and pick them up.  Even if they don't have a group one of the churches might be willing to do it as part of their charitable outreach. 

On 12/26/2017 at 4:16 PM, magiccrochetfan said:

I would call the place you planned to donate them to; maybe they can arrange to pick them up.  If they can't , maybe they can suggest an alternative way to get them transported.  

Thank you for suggesting this. I had thought about doing that but I was afraid I would be asking too much and I sure didn't want to do that. But by you suggesting it made me think maybe it wasn't too much trouble for them after all so that's what I did. The lady that I talked to said they would love to send someone out to get them and asked me for my address, etc. so I gave it to her. I suggested that if they would rather get them going to or from work, that would be fine with me. I'm waiting on her response as to when they will do it now. But, if it doesn't work out, I will try some of the other suggestions. Thanks again.

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked out!  I figured if they need the blankets, they could probably find someone to transport them.  But if not, all they had to do was tell you they couldn't do it, so I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.  :-)  

Archived