Reading a pattern

Mindy Borsato

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville from me, too?

What are you making? What's the link to the pattern? Please type the entire row exactly as it appears in the pattern. 

The reason is because I agree with Kathy... It's usually the notation for sizes and weird for anything else. 

I am making the Lacy Duster with Caron Simply Soft yarn. I found the pattern on yarnspirations.com

The line reads: 

SLEEVES:

With WS(WS, RS, WS, RS) (both RS are bold) facing, locate Fsc of one underarm. Working in chains on opposite side of Fsc, join yarn with slip stitch in chain at centre of underarm. Then goes on to start Row 1 of sleeve. 

Thank you Ladies... You Rock!!!

Mindy

Here's a link to the pattern.  It's OK to type a line or 2 of a pattern in the forum, or give a link to another site that hosts the pattern, but not scan the whole pattern, so you might want to edit your post.

I agree with Kathy as well, this shows up only in the beginning of the sleeve section, and it pertains to the size you are making.  I like how the yarnspirations patterns highlight the sizes by changing colors, on on this (I think, older) pattern by bolding every other sizes.  Makes it easier to keep track of which number you are following.  

When a pattern calls out 'this is the right side', usually at the beginning, I put a safety pin on the right side to keep track.  It can make a difference matching things up later.

Archived