Need a little help

Sabbie456

Question

Hi everyone I've been doing a pattern of a daushand dog and I've got to the legs and I'm now confused. I have asked where I bought it from but she has taken 3 weeks to find someone to give me an answer so I'm hoping someone here can help. 

The pattern reads:

work in dc into a double loop and continue working in rnds in a continuous spiral.

Rnd 1: 2 dc in each dc to end 

Rnd 2-5: dc across

this bit I'm fine with then the next bit says:

cont with a row 

that's where I'm confused...

im quite a newbie I know the basics and if I don't know it I appear to have found it on YouTube but this bit is beyond me.

can anyone help please!? 😊

12 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville from me, too!

The first thing I noticed is that your pattern is in UK terms. There's a difference between UK and US crochet terminology. For example, a UK dc stitch is the same as a US sc stitch. 

https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/10/british-vs-american-crochet-terms/

It's not just the stitch names. It's the way things are described, too. Unfortunately I don't know enough British terms to decipher what they're saying. However, I have a friend that grew up in England. If you don't have an answer by this evening  (6-8 hours from now), I will call her for help. She's at work right now. I'm sorry that I can't help right now.

I think Kathy is on the right track, saying that it switching from rounds to row.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:09 AM, Sabbie456 said:

Still stuck just had to go to bed. Start out in spiral I get, its changing from that to doing rows or a row 🤔

here's how to do it:  after you have made five rounds, put a marker in the last stitch of the 5th round.  now make 12 stitches, and stop.  probably a good idea to put a marker in the 12th stitch.  what you have between the 2 markers is a row.  

So hopefully that makes sense so far.  BUT now i am stumped because after making only 1 row it says to close back seam.  do you know what that refers to?  was there a previous piece with an opening that needs to be seamed now?  

is there a photo of the finished dachshund online that you can link to?  

Googling around for info, I found this previous thread 

see if that is any help. 

(I knew it sounded familiar!)

there do seem to be two slightly different versions with same name, the other has the legs made as an "insertion" to the body.  This way is probably simpler , even though it reads confusingly!  I'd say whatever you can figure out to make an L shaped leg/foot will be fine.  

Archived