Crochet Scarves "Ripple Effect"

meowy

Question

Eek! I do not know if I am doign this wrong. My crochet skills still aren't very good hehe. It's the Candi Jensen book Crochet Scarves. I'm doing the Ripple Effect pattern that uses 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon.

My scarf doesn't lay all flat and uhh.. relaxed? Like a scarf normally does. All loose and floppy? It's sort of making a scoop sort of. You know? The edges kind of bowl-up I guess. The pattern is looking right, and it's the right guage too.

Do I crochet too tight? I can go down a hook size and loosen up if that will make my scarf lay flat and stay on gauge okay probably. It's Noro Kureyon yarn, will this stuff sort of.. flatten out, relax and fluff a bit maybe if I wash the scarf?

I thought about wetting what I have down, and see if it'll do right, but then I was afraid maybe I couldn't unravel it right if I did that and it iddn't work.

Blah.. thought this would be an easy project but it's just not going well for me hehe. Has anyone else done this one? I just really don't know what to do and I don't want to keep adding rows if I need to unravel it hehe

3 answers to this question

I haven't made this scarf and I've never used Noro Kureyon; so I may not be of much help. But it does sound like the stitches are too tight. I would try blocking what you have to see if that fixes it. If there's no wool in the yarn, you should be able to unravel it after wetting it.

Ack I'm sorry I'm so SO so late with replies.

I unraveled and tried to start over about 12 times now just this past week alone sigh. Suddenly I'm having issues w/ them DC decrease argh!! I can't remember howt o do them haha, I need to look it up on stitchguide again. It totally left my mind as to how they do argh.

So aggravating. Every time I mean to come post, I give it another shot with the stitches.. then get so annoyed I just go back to working on the amigurumis instead haha. Got a few cats made now haha

It'll be Winter 2007 before I can wear this thing *laughs* I will try looser stitches, plus had some suggestions emailed to me too thank you all. I'll doulbe check to make sure I'm doing enough turning stitches, I'm not positive if I was or not haha

This weekend alone was 4 re-cast ons.. (or whatever it's called in crochet.. that starter row) grrrr. Will try againt onight. I will get this thing made dang it!! *roar* :cheer

Archived