Tunisian stitch

chars17

Welcome to Crochetville!

I'm a bit confused by your post.  Are you asking a question or giving instructions for TSS (Tunisian Simple Stitch)?  If it's a question, I'm not sure what you're asking.  If it's instructions, then I know writing that way is good for twitter and texting, but in here punctuation goes a long way towards helping people understand.

I hope you write back, because I'd really love to understand what you're saying.  :)

Do you have a link to the pattern?  I'm missing something in the translation.  I'm used to US terminology.  I'm going to type what I think are the steps with the US terms in () ..

Miss 1st vertical loop insert hook from right to left under next vertical loop yrh draw loop through yrh insert hook under thevertical loop just made and next vertical loop yrh draw through both loops yrh draw t hrough2 loops

1. Miss (skip) 1st vertical loop
  2. Insert hook in next vertical loop
  3. Yrh (yo) and draw through the vertical loop.  (2 loops are on the hook)
  4. Insert hook in the same vertical loop as step 2 and the next vertical loop
  5. Yrh (yo) and draw through both vertical loops (3 loops are on the hook)
  6. Yrh (yo) and draw through 2 loops (2 loops are on the hook)

I'm really not sure about step 4.  That's my interpretation of it.  I've done quite a bit of Tunisian, but not this stitch.  Give it a try and see if it looks like the pattern's picture.  Hopefully someone with more Tunisian experience will post a better explanation.  A link to the pattern would help a lot. 

I can see the picture, but not the pattern, because it's not free.  There aren't any comments or other projects.  You best option is to send Kay a message via the comments section on the pattern or ravelry message.  I see that she is still active on Ravelry, so you'll likely get a reply fairly quickly.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tunisian-afghan-cardigan-patt-no94

yrh = yarn 'round (around) hook, I think I see this more in UK versus US patterns (where US would say YO=yarn over).  This sounds like the bind off / cast off row, like in knitting.  If you just end a piece with an ordinary row (forward and back pass), it's sort of gappy at the top; binding off gives it a nice finished look.

Edited for clarity (I hope)- so you are working in the forward pass direction, but not accumulating loops on your hook; you are finishing off the stitches.

Archived