Bunny Body , Help please!

Wildfire86

Question

Hi! I would really apriciate it if someone can clarify this explaination of the term and how to crochet them because I am also doing this kind of bunny pattern.

In the following sentenses from a different used goes like this:

Rnds 24: [sc in next 4 sts, sc2tog, sc in next 4 sts] 6 times - 54 sts.

Rnds 25-34: Continue as established, decreasing 6 sc evenly spaced in every 5th rnd - 42 sts.

Am I just repeating round 24 for rounds 25-34? Or am I doing an extra decrease every round?

Joined 08-February 06

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Here's what you'll be doing for the next 10 rounds. I've written it out for you.

Rnd 25: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 26: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 27: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 28: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 29: [sc in next 3 sts, sc2tog, sc in next 3 sts] 6 times - 48 sts

Rnd 30: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 31: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 32: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 33: Sc in each stitch around.

Rnd 34:[sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts] 6 times - 42 sts

Instead of decreasing every rnd you decrease every fifth rnd (work 4 rnds without decreasing, work 1 decrease rnd)"

---In the round 29, I count only 7 stitches made. If my calculation is correct 7 stches X 6 times= 42 sts, right? Or am I undrstanding this wrong?

1 answer to this question

The math is right just looking at the end count and the number of decreases.  You would have started with 60 stitches in round 23, then decrease by 6 stitches 3 times (row 24, 29, 34), so 60 minus 18 is 42.

Think of Row 23 as having 6 groups of 10 stitches=60 (calculated reversing the decreases from row 24)

Row 24 decreases 1 stitch in each group of 10, so now you have 6 groups of 9 stitches=54

Row 29 decreases 1 stitch in each group of 9, so how you have 6 groups of 8 stitches=48

Row 34 decreases 1 stitch in each group of 8, so now you have 6 groups of 7 stitches=42

Here is a diagram of the starting count of 60 in row 23, and then what becomes with those stitches in row 24; sometimes a picture helps

row 23=xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 

row 24=xxxxx/\xxxx xxxxx/\xxxx xxxxx/\xxxx xxxxx/\xxxx xxxxx/\xxxx xxxxx/\xxxx 

In row 24, the first 4 stitches are plain sc, stitch 5 & 6 are combined into 1, then stitches 7,8,9,10 are plain sc.  Ending count for each group of 10 is now 9 instead of 10.  So the other groups follow the same way, with each of the 6 groups starting with 1 stitch less than the former group than the prior increase.

Archived